My adventures with 2 boys, a husband, & a dog.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rice Krispy Treats and a new project for mom....

We are on day 3 of being holed-up in the house with colds. Jay and I haven't been affected (yet) but the boys are both sick so I've been trying to keep them quarantined for a while....and it's driving me CRAZY!!!

So today I had a babysitter and ran a few errands, went to the gym, etc...
On the stair climber I usually get all kinds of ideas---things I want to do but don't have the time or money. I recently saw an spread in a Southern Accents not too long ago that had this impressive wall of framed dried botanicals (mostly wild flowers) on a linen background. I am not one for dried flowers---I think "old lady". But these were so fresh and elegant (check out www.bdbotanicals.com). I wanted them! So today (on the stair climber) I decided that I was going to take my two boys and a dog on a walk, pick some flowers and try to make some dried botanical art of my own.

The idea was better in my head than in real life...the walk was anything but relaxing. Marty was a nut and Jack cried the whole time. Will was content with a popsicle for about 10 minutes but then just kept saying, "Up! Walk! Walk! Walk!". I basically walked half a block to the end of our street and then gave up. However, I somehow managed to get some flowers and they are pressing in the garage as I write this. I don't really know what I'm doing or how long to leave them there so I'm just going to play it by ear. Hopefully they turn-out but either way I'll post the results.

After the walk, Jack went down for a nap and Will and I made and ate Rice Krispy treats...always a fun and easy project. And he's been really into "helping" me cook lately so I thought he'd like this....I mean, what kid doesn't like Rice Krispy Treats?



1 comment:

  1. This picture reminds me of my visit with the Camps today. After we visited with them and enjoyed one of Mrs. Camps famous outmeal cookies, they let us out the front door while their dog got on the table and finished off the whole plate of cookies. About 15 of them.

    ReplyDelete