My adventures with 2 boys, a husband, & a dog.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" ~Erma Bombeck

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Creative Projects Unveiled!


Tah-dah! As promised, here is one of the botanical presses that resulted from my "disaster walk" with Marty and the boys earlier this week. I used watercolor paper for the backdrop and an old frame that we had in the garage. This was just a dry-run. Next time, I will probably use a larger frame and in script right the name of the plant at the bottom (Nasturtium).


And this is a canvas that I did for a friend of ours who just had a little boy (bet you can't guess the name...ha). The nursery has a beach theme so I thought this would be cute. I got the idea from a company called Fontaine Murray (http://www.fontainemaury.com/). They have the cutest things. I just bought a monogrammed serving tray from them for my newly-married cousin but they have SO much more. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment